Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Financial Risk Solutions
Applications Close: 30 Sep 2020
Liberty Specialty Markets, offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Team-work culture
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
Liberty Specialty Markets is recruiting for an Underwriter to join our expanding Financial Risks Solutions (FRS) team in our Singapore Office. The FRS team underwrite credit and political risks through Lloyd's of London and on Company insurance paper. These risks relate to non-payment and non-performance of private and public sector counterparties, and political perils such as expropriation or confiscation of assets by foreign governments, export embargo, forced abandonment, war etc. FRS clients are banks, corporates, trading companies, export credit agencies and multilaterals.
We are looking for someone who wants to make a positive contribution to our team, and who believes in and thrives on collaboration. At Liberty, we invest in our people and want someone to join our team that sees themselves having an exciting future here.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the broker community;
- Providing a high level of underwriting service to brokers that will differentiate Liberty from other competitors;
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting new business and renewal business by reviewing and negotiating policy terms/conditions including manuscript wording;
- Fostering cross marketing opportunities and working closely with internal departments to deliver a complete service;
- Contribute and participate in meetings in order to share and develop strategy, knowledge and best practice as required;
- Liaising closely with other product line underwriters, and claims teams in order to provide top level customer service;
- Participating in audits as required;
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
- A minimum of 5 years, credit and political risk underwriting experience related classes of business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, marketing, computers and product competition within the marketplace.
- Highly proficient relationship building skills.
- Self-starter and willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
- Strong teamwork philosophy and capability – within own team and across the organisation.
- Strong verbal and written communications and organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision making skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Insurance, Business or Finance or related discipline desirable.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part of Liberty’s exciting future we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your resume.
Agencies – We’ve got this covered!
Only candidates with full working rights in Singapore may apply.